Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last day in Africa ...last day with Cristina, Fernando and Monolo :(

Yesterday was quite a memory...our last day in Africa we braved the markets and negotiated like soldiers.  When you first enter the market it's overwhelming with vibrant colors, exilerating smells and rapid movement of cars...bicycles, motorcycles, vans, buses, and people everywhere.  There are words and coversations of French, Spanish, Arabic... and English spoken among the muffled sounds of donkeys and horses, monkeys, drums, snakes being mesmerized by charmers and sellers bolting out at you with descriptions of hand carved boxes.

Wow...what an exhilarating experience! I've never experienced something like this that has your senses in overload.

Our family  from University of Cordoba invited us for a farewell dinner at Azar...an absolutely gorgeous restaurant! Another amazing dining experiencing continued with tabbouleh, hummus, falafel, pita, and tangein (spelling? This is slow cooking process of beef and chicken and lamb), grilled kabobs and lamb chops.  There was so much laughter, many pictures, expressions of gratitude, and tears for our farewell. But, I know this is not the last time I will see my new found family...Monolo, Cristina, and Fernando.  I can not express the amount of laughter and the many stories that have been shared with such passion, expression, humor, and sentiment as I have heard from Monolo and Fernando. These are certainly memories I will carry with me for a lifetime.

I look forward to the day that I can return and experience such joy again.

We of course finished our evening in true Andalusian style....ending our night at 3:50am...yes, that's right.  How I'm functioning with such energy...I have no idea...but, I am :)

And, now, we are all preparing for our departure to Spain.  I feel as though I am going to burst with excitements in anticipation of experiencing Madrid!

Til then....

No comments:

Post a Comment