Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 1 - Departing the US and a visit from my sister

My emotions really hit me for the first time this morning as I drove away from my home towards the airport and thought of my Oobies (Nick and Hailey).  I had been so busy preparing to leave I hadn't had time to think about how much I was going to be miss both of them and Baron while I was away.  I could barely sleep last night from excitement...and this morning after double checking my carry-on luggage for two weeks (yep... i said it... only carry on)...I made a batch of rice crispy treats for Nick and Hailey :)

Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to see me last night and give me a big hug (and for bringing lots of treats for the kids)!

Total side note, but check out my mom featured on an Etsy Blog about stylish moms:
Https://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2013/stylish-moms/

We had a five hour layover in NYC, so Dayna came to the airport to hang out with me --- BEST sister ever!!

Well, in just about 2 hours I'll be in the air flying to the one place I have had dreams of going since I was about 5 years old--- beautiful Madrid.  It will around 3am our VA time when I get there, but about 9am Spain time.

Til then!

1 comment: